CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

St. Thomas -Part 2


I'd have to say this was one trip of many, where we have combined both a trip for fun, with work thrown in. When we bought our condo, it wasn't without issues itself, and we wound up a good part of our stay fixing it's ailments and troubles, only to get annoyed and aggravated. What is the point of having a place, that has problems and really needs a complete overhaul?

Our vision was to totally renovate the unit after we bought it, but alas that did not happen. It is unfortunate given that the amount of money and time wasted..after buying it...could have been prevented if we took the month or two it really needed and just got it over with. Lesson learned. Get it done, before the problems escalate.

The next trip, if we get lucky enough to go on one, I would like to not have to do anything. I would like someone to bring me fancy drinks poolside, and I would like to relax. I'd like to go with friends, not members of the "loser single man club" that we have frequently gone with (see earlier posts) and I'd like to enjoy my trip to the fullest.

My dream place...The Ritz Carlton, St. Thomas... I have been lucky enough to have gone there for massages (given to me by a special friend) but we have never stayed in such luxury... although our island friends in the past have always done their best to be accommodating. I would make mojitos all week long! Now that is paradise! Now we are renting our place..so it is back to finding spot to go to. I don;t imagine we will get away again, anytime soon. Our last trip was to Vegas, a year ago to see my family for Christmas. Vegas is a bit creepy but it was nice to see them all in one place!

Here's to that day coming sooner than later!

Special Note:

What made this trip extra special, was that when I was planning it, and booked the tickets...I mistakenly booked our return flight for Saturday afternoon, not Sunday. So when we showed up Sunday afternoon to fly home, SURPRISE! No flight!

Spirit Airlines would not even credit us a tiny bit, not one single cent, and we had to purchase two one way return flights, at the staggering cost of an extra $500.00.

The fact that my husband is still talking to me is a miracle.

0 comments: