CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Beginning of Something Sweet!

Yesterday, I took samples of my crumb cake to a few spots in the area, I deemed worthy.

I didn't really think about what I was going to say..I just ad-libbed and low and behold, I got my first order, scheduled for after the 1st of the year. I am excited that this endeavor may be my greatest yet.

I am in the middle of so much, but I am making time to trademark and copyright certain things for the cake and I am working on the branding. I know what I want it to look like, but it is trying to convey it to get to the final product , that is the hard part.

Today, I got my second order, and in the midst of all the baby sadness and heartache this little project, is keeping my head above water.

BABY UPDATE:

We did get a call from our lawyer, who said she was presenting us to another birth mom. Excuse me here, If I don't get all excited.

She then called us back later that evening to tell us that we have been selected, by the birth mom. The baby is due in June. I feel nothing.
And since the baby is due in June I am sure there will be expenses that go along with all of this. We still have not gotten money back from the crazy girl from the second match, and to be honest, Ive grown attached to my money. I don't feel like parting with it, even if she needs help? I really don't care right now.

I can't.

We are due for a meeting. I am trying hard to keep my feelings in check, and to realize she is not the same girl. I can't blame this new one. I just hope I can convey how much pain the other girl caused us.

I know this baby will be a boy, given the fact that I have a pink room, pink carriage and bedding and pink clothes. Right now it is too early to tell.

I am not hedging any bets. And I'm not going to be excited until I have a baby in my arms.

2 comments:

Sarah Andrews said...

Your cakes look absolutely delicious. I think that it's so neat that you are getting order and it must help you stay a little grounded right now.

As for the lawyer and the birth mom. With having such open wounds from your last heartbreak, it's understandable feel so wary. Is there any room at all for your hope to edge in? I know it must be so hard to believe that some how, some way, you are going to be a Mom after everything that you have been through. But I believe for you and maybe this is it? Maybe meeting her will give you a different feeling all together. But just be careful - as you have had past hurts, they aren't her fault. She is making an incredibly tough decision to give up her baby. I would recommend just being yourself, the real you underneath all of that hurt. Because you want her to see all of your love that you have for that baby. Hang in there. BELIEVE.

Lisa said...

THanks so much..you are right..we hav enot met but we are trying our very best to be open minded. Yes the cake is keeping me busy and I love to do it...so...thanks for following!