CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Public Bathrooms and Ugly Truth


I don't know. Maybe it's me. But after traveling, and yes, while I'm not the most cognizant person traveling (xanax and stress- see previous entry regarding trying to get home from St. Thomas as a direct example)...I am quickly brought to my senses every time I walk into a public restroom.
If it happens to be a unisex bathroom I half expect it to be disgusting. I know I am walking into a war zone, and I mentally prepare myself for what I may see.
But the Ladies Room? Dare I say that it shouldn't be called "Ladies" room at all. Maybe we could rename it, because clearly the bathrooms I have frequented, have been not so ladylike.

I wonder, as I go about my business, "Do people really throw used toilet paper on the floor in their own home"? "I have seen such questionable things in these places, that when I walk out, what I really want to do, is take off my shoes and burn them, as well as any other part of my body that has touched anything (purposely or on accident) within the dwelling. I have gotten really good about washing my hands and then taking the paper towel to dry my hands and using it to open the door to leave.

Given the amount of people that I have heard use the restroom, then when you expect to hear the splashing of water, followed by the air dryer or thumping of paper towels being pulled out of the dispenser, only to hear the creaky door swing open wide...most of the people are leaving without washing their hands! I can't tell you how many I have counted, but it is a lot.

Do yourself a favor, and use the paper towel to open the door. Your immune system will thank you.




0 comments: