CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Operation Crumb Cake and thinking of good things..

Well, holiday season is NOT my favorite. And I suppose it is compounded by the fact that having no kids, makes you that much aware of what you are missing.

But given the state of things in the world, we could be in a worse position. So I am thankful.

And I blog so I don't technically need therapy...

My first sale of crumb cake ( the whole thing) came today, and it was pure pleasure to get the thing ready. It does look good, even if I do say so myself!

I have an account starting after the first of the year and some more accounts I want to go to, but with the holidays I figured I'd wait until people weren't so stressed, so I'll give them a few days. I'll plan my attack for the beginning of next week, and already have five places mapped out to go to.

My excitement level rivals that of the day we found out we were matched with a baby (only without the crash and burn afterward)

With this new match, I have not heard much. I am waiting on social and medical paperwork from the lawyer, and hopefully this young girl is more stable. Hopefully, she can do what best for the baby. Hopefully she doesn't want much more than placing the baby. Where's Juno when you need her anyway?

A fellow blogger said it best. I can't punish her, for what has happened before. We will hopefully let her see the "real us". In the beginning it was easy..we are a funny, likable couple and well, most times come off as such.

But after two heartbreaking incidents, while we are still funny...it is now more intermittent. No more free flowing funniness here. Although, my husband still comes up with some doozies. I have to work a little harder...And I have some friends who make me laugh out loud ( which really if you wanna be my friend that is a pre requisite. ) I gotta be honest though, there is something so NOT funny about losing a ton of money trying to have a baby.

So after being extorted time and time again, you start to see the unfunny, and dare I say we got a little serious. Nothin worse if you ask me. I always try and find the humor!
Of course you don't want to be overly funny when meeting a birth mom for the first time, because then you can kind of come off as slightly maniacal and that can kind of be scary.
(see any earlier posts of my husband doing his shtick or his tap dancing routine for explanation)

Now that is scary.

Orders for
CRUMBS- Crumbcake- 561-389-7348






2 comments:

rubyiscoming said...

Wow - do I ever relate to you! Wishing you and your hubs a magical new year (and keep your sense of humour around each other, but not in front of a BM for the first time :)

Hugs,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Do you have an email I could contact you on?