CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mutiny and the Flea Assination

After spending hours containing all animals into a safe place in order to bomb the house with flea killer, I'm exhausted. It literally takes at least two hours each time, and well, not that I would, but I feel like dropping all animals off at Safe Harbor. The two oldest cats we have, were feral, and never quite lost that outdoorsy mentality. So today while cornered, I hat cats clawing and spitting at me, clearly very agitated. What to do? God help me if I have to do this again. We need to be out of the house for a few hours, and then we can go back to the hellish spot. I'm sure I will be cleaning all evening.


As for the baby thingy we have not heard from our attorney, and I am not surprised. ( Gosh when they want money they are relentless, when they have made two bad matches ...I hear nothing)

So we are looking for a traditional surrogate. Perhaps we can find a nice person who will want nothing more than to help, given that our ability to compensate is dwindling. We are on our last leg of this long journey. Adoption I guess is over with...and I'm terribly disappointed that it didn't work out for us. The stress and strain this puts on any family, any relationship, it is a wonder that any can survive the relentless sadness. I did call the newspaper the other day, and told my story to an editor and I am hoping they deem it worthy of print. We will see.

In the meantime, I am focused again on cake, and fleas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry the adoption thing hasn't panned out, I can't even imagine the disappointment :(

Thinking of you and hoping you find just the surrogate for you!

xx
Yvonne

Lisa said...

After reading about your flea problem I had to comment as this particular ordeal is something I am personally familiar with. I've bombed and sprayed and the quickest, easiest and cheapest solution I found was boric acid.

There are plenty of articles if you Google, this being one. www.all-pets-info.com/fleacontrol/Flea-Control-With-Boric-Acid.html. Basically sprinkle on the carpet, brush in, vacuum in 24-48 hours and then vacuum atleast every other day for the next few weeks. I was not fanatical about moving the furniture or treating the furniture and it worked like a charm. I got my boric acid at Walmart, it's labled as a roach killer, and was about $2 a bottle. Lisa