CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Takes the Cake!


A week or so ago, we got a call from the PB Post, saying they were reviewing Big Daddy's. It isn't our first review. We have had a few, luckily all of them good. But as I tell my husband, one eatery cannot be all things to all people. We do our very best to be friendly, attentive and to put out good food. Nothing more, nothing less.

The restaurant reviewer called to say he was giving us another good review, and could they come by and get some photos. Last Friday I posed for photos feeling a little ridiculous, but getting them done, feeling a bit exhausted afterwards. All that smiling, and I have a full belly. I wondered to myself how some of the stick thin models make it through a day of posing with nothing more than a cup of coffee and cigarettes, to keep them going.

I was told the article would run in a week or so on Friday. Wednesday morning as I reluctantly prepared for my friend's brother's funeral, I got a call from our chef saying someone was at the restaurant, with my picture and a picture of the cake.

It didn't dawn on me that they had run the article early, and it was mostly about the cake! So, scraping together cake I had ready to go,  it sold out within the hour. We sold out twice more that day.

I rushed back after the funeral to prepare more, and made the last one of the day. People were lining up for it. Keep in mind that this is a day and a half process!

I am appreciative of all the notoriety, and the attention it has brought the restaurant.

Here's hoping people come back for more.

4 comments:

Natalia Ritchie said...

Congrats!!
Hey, our good friends owns a super hip movie rental shop in Toronto called Big Daddy's!!

spencer said...

That's awesome!

I hope the customers continue to flow in!

Jen

Sarah Andrews said...

Your cake looks so YUMMY!

Courtney said...

How cool is that!! Congrats and I think I need some Crumb Cake