CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Mean People

I guess what got me thinking that I would end the blog, began when I was scrolling through older posts as sort of a trip back through memory lane. Where we have been, how we got there, and how we wound up where we are today.

Imagine my surprise when under an older post , as I scrolled down, seeing that someone had made a comment. TO those comments that have been posted, in the most supportive and kind ways, thank you. You will never know how much I apprecaite your steadfast and quiet support.

(I always get excited to see if someone might be reading, and how their story might mirror mine, or be slightly or a lot different. I try and learn from everyone I meet. )

This person ranted on about "I don't know what it is like to suffer and be on food stamps , without a job and without a home and that I am an entitled piece of shit for being able to do a surrogacy (which we were attempting at the time). Little do they know that we saved our money, and I could not get pregnant or have my own children. Little do they know, that we have used our savings and retirement money to fund the surrogacy and adoption attempts and at this point we are very close to running out of money. Period. We did our surrogavy three times, and are still paying off bills. So because I saved money, does that make me entitled?

I never expected the anger thrown my way in writing my little blog, where for me.. It was cheaper than therapy. I could sit and write to my hearts content, about the baby stuff because I thought that I would have a sympathetic or empathetic audience. People who have been there, who understand what this process is really like and what it can do to a human being.

I guess it is easier to throw anger at a complete stranger, than to accept your role in whatever situation befalls you. I am spending all my money on a dream, and I can't blame anyone else, if I run out of money and end up homeless.

I am not entitled. I was hopeful. Maybe sometimes sarcastic, maybe a little funny, with some sadness sprinkled on top. But never entitled.

To think that someone would Anonymously (which I love by the way) cruelly criticize me, and then be on their merry way, is beyond me. I just don't get it.

Next time if your posting anonymously ..grow some balls and write your name along with the bullshit you are spouting. Then at least I'd respect you and your half assed comment.

2 comments:

Natalia Ritchie said...

Hi Lisa. My name is Natalia and my husband and I are expecting a baby through surrogacy. I found you through another blog I follow.
I am sorry that you had a mean comment like that. It is true that most of us save, and borrow and even go into debt to have a baby. Something that most lucky people can have without a thought. I don't know why someone seems to think they have the right to judge you, for spending YOUR money how you see fit. This is your business. YOUR money. Your baby. YOUR life. You need not explain.
And yes, whoever it was, could at least leave you a name to respond to. Really, what a loser.

Anonymous said...

Hello Lisa,

I am Jen and I'm sure you already know that giving "anonymous" any credibility is a waste of time. She/he sounds like they just wanted to stir stuff up and hurt someone else, maybe because they were hurting themselves. This does not make it okay to be rude and unsupportive to someone like yourself who is only sharing their own very personal experience.

I'm sorry he/she hurt you and said what they did - you don't deserve that. I wish you the best of luck, health and happiness in whatever you decide and don't let anyone else bring you down!