CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Death & Dying

Today as I was driving along 95 South, in sunny Florida, I was deep in thought. No radio, just me. There weren't too many cars on the road, which makes me happy, given at anytime you venture on 95 you literally take your life in your hands each and every time. Undocumented drivers, lousy drivers, blind drivers ( now I know they aren't really blind but they appear to be given the near mishaps I have had, staying in my own lane!)

I was pondering death since I had just been to what had to have been the saddest funeral service I have been to. And I haven't been too many. Each that I have been to, I remember definitively. What I wore, what was said, what the occurrence was.

So after seeing this service, I decided that should I die, be right here in print for people these are my last and final requests.

1. No crying. I don't care how sad the circumstance. When one person cries it makes everyone else cry and really life is too short to cry, dammit!
( I understand there will be sadness, but go for a run or something, I swear you will feel better!)
2. No sad music. I would like the following music played: The Partridge Family. And some disco, & music from the 70's. That music always makes me happy. I do love the Carpenters but again, too sad!
3. Dress, in something comfortable. Id love everyone to show up in gym clothes. For god's sake it is a crappy day, why make it worse by wearing pants you only wear for funerals?
4. Serve some snacks and have a slide show. Kind of like the drive in, but not.
5. People could recount stories, memories..that would be nice.
6. Since I' m not very religious, I really don't want too much, if any thrown in there. Sorry, I don't relate. I don't want scripture quoted. I don't want verses read. Maybe some inspirational quotes. They would be nice.
7. I'd like to have it at the beach. Given I'd be cremated it should be easy to carry me there.
8. I'll leave it to those left behind to figure out what to do with the ashes.

Haven't I planned enough?

0 comments: