CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Life is a highway...1st Babymama + 2nd Babymama + 3rd Babymama= No babies for us!

As I was driving to the get together after the funeral I got a call from my lawyer. A little irate that I had not returned her two call s from the day before.

Excuse me, I was attending to a heartbroken friend and a burgeoning business.

Her news- Babymama #3 had changed her mind. I laughed out loud. And immediately thought how great it felt that I had not given the girl the expense money of $950.00. This time I told the lawyer "No".

I explained, that since I am trying to recoup funds from the previous agency, (which said they would send me $1000 every few weeks), I thought great, I don't have to put any money out of pocket!

This time, the lawyer put the money out. The lawyer bought her a cell phone.

When she called to tell me they had changed their mind, I said"How does it feel to know your not getting that back?"

I think our relationship is strained at this point, with them offering now to find us a Safe Harbor Baby, one that someone drops off at a local hospital. I guess she forgot we paid her to match us, so as far as I'm concerned they can give us our money back, or continue to look for a baby.

After contacting the social worker, she told me that the birth father's mother called wanting to know what was a dissolution of his rights was. I had asked for a sign of good faith, so that I would feel more comfortable dispensing money. Initally last week he said he would sign it, no questions. Then they asked can the birth mother stil change her mind ? They were informed that in the state of Florida the birthmother has 24-48 hours after the birth to change her mind. Then they asked if he signs this paperwork, can they still get the expense money????

Another sham.

Tomorrow I am calling our local newspaper.

I'm done being screwed with.

4 comments:

Natalia Ritchie said...

Lisa I am so sorry for all that you have been through. Though I know it is painful, I agree with the actions you are taking. It is hard to believe what you have been through, and that this goes on at all.
I only wish you had a little one to love right now, not for you to be dealing with all of this. Above all I wish that for you.

Gift of Surrogacy said...

I am so sorry for all you have been through,this is so unfair..

My thoghts are with you..

Nadine said...

This is brutal, so sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time

Sarah Andrews said...

I cannot believe that this has happened Lisa. I guess your intuition was right on the ball. I am so sorry.