CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mission Accomplished


I left the house, early this morning, to make my way up to Orlando for the transfer. It was humid, and my windows kept fogging, but I eventually settled into my 2.5 hour drive and listened to an audio book, "My Sister Madonna", by Christopher Ciccone. It kept my interest and with the exception of a few tell tale tidbits I didn't hear anything that would make Madonna mad...her brother was praiseworthy, even if she is an ego maniacal control freak.

I thank god every day that I am not "Type A" with the fervent desire to control each and everything at arms length. It really must be exhausting. My attitude at this point is, I do what I can, and if I cant get to it, I'll get to it tomorrow.

As I get older, I find that I am more relaxed in my approach, to just about everything. Hopefully, it works to my advantage at some point.

I arrived in Orlando at 7am, and made my way into the clinic with Dunkin Munchkins for all...(cept me!)

Our surrogate was already in the back, a little loopy and ready to go. We had some conversation with the docs, signed some paperwork, and I donned my cute paper coveralls and hairnet and cloth booties to allow entry into the transfer room.

As we wheeled back together I held her hand, and she held mine, and I felt an obvious and overwhelming connection with her.

They readied her and I continued holding her hand...and as I watched the screen on the ultrasound machine, I believed I was watching a miracle.

"All we need is one", and they have implanted two.

There was some serious discussion prior as we originally wanted three embryos, to have our best chance, but the Dr. deferred and said he was not comfortable. After some heated exchanges, we relented and chose two of the best looking embryos, to be transferred.

After the procedure, we wheeled her out, and I sat with her some more. We waited and talked and marveled about what science can do.

We were passing good feelings, karma and whatever other positive forces we had between us back and forth, and she looked me square in the eye, and said, "This time it's different...You're here."

It was the least I could do, and yet the two prior transfers I had let her go it alone. I apologized to her, and she was sweet. " But your here now, and that makes the difference", she said.

We sat in silence for a moment or two while we held hands, and breaking the silence, I told her "I just want to thank you for all you have done for us"...she smiled and said " I told you in the beginning, I would see you through to the end".

She is on bed rest for the next few days, and I will send her something. To let her know she is in our thoughts.

I told her to relax and not to worry...that it is our of our hands, and what will be, will be.

Wish us luck.

0 comments: