CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Jersey Girl




Being that I am from NJ
and now living in Florida,
I occasionally feel the pangs
of homesickness.

For familiarity, for friends and family, for the memories..you get the picture.

But no matter where I am, I will always feel home, when I hear Bruce Springsteen. His music and lyrics carried me through school & life, through trials and tribulations and moments of despair, and brought me safely to the other side. His music brings comfort like no other. "Born to Run"...being my favorite, with "Thunder Road" closing in on second...and of course "Jersey Girl"...

Occasionally while living in NJ, one could get lucky enough to see glimpses of him tooling around Monmouth County on his motorcycle, where he is literally worshipped.

Drive down to Rumson or Colts Neck and catch a glimpse of where he lives...or when he would ride through Red Bank where I had my store. I miss those days...I miss NJ ...I miss home.

0 comments: