CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Florida- Lightning Capital of the World!



I don't like storms. Not even a little. Of course moving to Florida, and living here presents a tiny problem. They happen frequently, and sometimes are severe. Throw in the possibility of a tornado, and you will find me in the pantry all the way to the back, hiding. The pantry is a closet that runs under our staircase, the only refuge I would have here in sticky, wet Florida since basments are null and void.

Storms have always been a fear of mine, since the summer I spent in Tenneesee with my Aunt & Uncle while he was serving in the Navy. They had tornado warnings almost every afternoon, and I would sit by the window looking for that funnel cloud. I haven't changed that much. When a storm is coming, I still look for the funnel cloud.

Yesterday while leaving Sal's for lunch , my husband and a friend and I were starting to walk through a torrential rainstorm to the car, When all of a sudden a huge bolt of lightning crossed right in front of my husband. The clap of thunder that follwed was louder than I had ever heard. EVER! Matter of fact my ears still hurt. It was the scariest moment, and the look on my husband's face said it all. Holy Shit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baw, kasagad-sagad sa iya ubra blog!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.