CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Gets this party started!

Ok, so we get up at the ungodly hour of 4 am, to be ready to leave at 5 am to make it all the way up to Orlando, Land of Disney and eggs, for our egg retrieval from our egg donor.

We arrive on time, early even, where we proceed to a Dunkin' Donuts (my fav) and I approach the counter and order munchkins for the Doc's office and a coffee (med , extra light with milk- no cream!) and a choco milk for my "producer" husband.

The counter attendant, a little guy, very cute, floats up to the counter, gushing "I jusssst luvvvvv your hair!" It makes me smile . We pay for our treats and make our way to the Doc's where there is work to be done.

After being told my husband was in the room "producing" ,and whipping out plastic to pay our gargantuan bill, for our egg donor retrieval and our surrogates own journey a few days from today and apart from my husband, we were in and out within fifteen minutes. Dare I say that they could have provided cocktails and dinner? I felt so unsatisfied....

Well, all is said and done.
They have retrieved 18 eggs.

I had a chat with my husbands spem on the way to Orlando telling all slackers that they should bow out of this one, and give the job to the guys who really want it.
I am hoping they were listening. I know it can get hot down there, and especially after my husbands full contact tennis lesson (another story for another day)the other day. I am suprised any of his Guys showed up to bat at all. It was a miracle.

Our surrogate will have a party of one on Tuesday or Thursday, and we should hear from Superdave at the clinic tomorrow telling us which eggs look like the stronger, and fittest eggs. All I kept thinking this whole time is "Gee I hope they like the sperm". If they dont get a long this will just suck. Big time.

On another note:

I did buy make believe Sour Patch Kids, from the candy store at the mall today. A poor substitution for my Snak Club "Sour Gummy Bears". A road trip to the West Palm Airport, is looking like the only way I will get my fix. Hey maybe I can do some Christmas shopping while I am there?

0 comments: