CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting Ready...

Our birth mom has been steadfast in her decision to not change her mind, which has presented us with a few issues.
Number One - Holy crap were getting a baby!
Number Two- Oh my god we have no idea what we are doing, as evidence by our most recent trip to Babies r Us, which left us feeling like we were tourists in a foreign country.
Strollers, cribs, bath stuff...the market has been inundated with products since I remember my sister going through all of this about 15 years ago. Holy cow, how does anyone make a decision????

Thankfully, I have been given some good advice by my sister in law and some thoughtful friends who know I am a blind man in a china shop. Or should I say blind woman???Nevertheless, while it does make it less confusing, I am now terrified. Of what I don't know and what I DO know and what my husband doesn't know.
Scary...scary..scary...

I did go out to purchase a few books..on all things baby ( after the delivery of course) and in reading, aside from feeling sick all went well!

In five weeks we will be parents.

While I was trying to not get excited, it happened while I wasn't looking and now, I'm on a baby roll.

All in all, I think it will be fine. The birth mom has another appointment at the Dr's next week which I will attend, and then we will have a little spa day ..just me and her. Kind of a little papering day for her, to let her know ..that we care about her and the baby..

Well, I'm still working on the registry...who knew we needed so much stuff??

0 comments: