CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Why is it...

That some kids nowadays, cannot make change without a cash register telling them what they will give back?

If they had to...the fear that slowly spreads across their faces is priceless.

"You want me to do what?" Just for fun, give them a penny and see what happens. I should film it and put it on You Tube. To all the educators who are sending kids out into the world without being prepared...I know you can only do your best, but it is frustrating owning a restaurant and just the level of mediocrity in the help is maddening.

Employees literally have to be told what to do every second. They cannot think independently for themselves, and do not do more than asked. EVER.

Also they cannot seem to speak without using the word 'LIKE" a million times.

We had an employee, who sat at the front register and was literally picking her zits, while she was talking to me.

Conversation went like this:

Me: (Watching her do the dirty deed) "Stop touching your face!"

Her: "Oh, was I doing something wrong?"

Me: "Are you kidding me?"

Her: "What?"

Me: "Go to the restroom and wash your hands and stop touching your face~! You are handling food!"

Her: "Oh OK.."

Another quality employee:

First day to work:
15 year old- first job
Shows up wearing gold sandals, a belly shirt, low rider pants, long, lovely hair flying all over the place, wad of gum in her mouth to rival the size of a small infant sock. As I spoke to her, she twirled and fidgeted with her hair the entire time.

"Yes, I'll have some chicken with hair on top"! Yummy!

What the hell?

Do these kids live in caves? Does no one teach them appropriate behavior? How to dress, how to carry one self, how they want to be perceived?

I'm guessing they must live with monkeys because even the very worst parent can't be as bad as that!

Or maybe they can....

The future's so bright......it is creepy to think that when I will be collecting social security (yes I know it wont be there when I need it but I can dream!) these little idiots will be running the show!

0 comments: