CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

SwingTime


I love to swing. Love, love, love it.

Ahem, I know what your thinking!

No not that kind of swinging!

Who can forget the lazy days of summer as a child, swinging into oblivion on the swingset at the local park or school?

I for one, still indulge in this happy habit, if I can find a good sturdy swingset to climb on...trouble is, not all swings are created equal.

It has to be BIG. The bigger the set the higher the swing. It has to have a wooden seat...non of those crappy rubber straps ..who thought of those anyway..they crush your legs together, making them look fatter than they are, and they are so uncomfortable that the quality of the swing or ride if you will is diminished.

A soft landing is my third requisite, given I still like to jump off when I can!

If you haven't SWUNG in a long long time, next time you see a set, STOP. Get out of the car and scramble on top. I bet you feel the flutter in your stomach like you did when you were a kid.

Pump those legs hard and fast and soon your toes are reaching for the sky...tilt your head back and straighten your arms and lastly close your eyes. Remember. Let it sink in. Relax and let go of worries and be a kid again. If only for a few minutes.

You won't regret it.

0 comments: