CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

I Want Candy





I love candy.

I always have.

It has been my one nemisis ever since I can remember. As a small child , I could literally smell it, whereever it was, hidden or not.

I was a candy supersleuth. And, I'm not picky.

If all the good stuff was gone, I'd eat Jordan Almonds (eating the candy off the nut and spitting the rest out), I'd eat Necco wafers, which my mother tried to convince us was candy but tasted more like an antidote for a sick stomach, and last but not least, I'd eat the bakers chocolate my mother had stored in the cabinet for baking.

It was rich and dark, but had NO sugar. So I got creative. I'd sprinkle table sugar on top of the chocolate, and while it wasn't as satisfying as my favorites, in a pinch..it worked.

I'd like to say my appetite for candy has dissapeared but alas, it is still lurking inside. I still love chcolate, and sour gummi bears are #2 on my list!

0 comments: