CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

UGGGG, I'm 46...

Well, my birthday has come and gone. 46 about a week ago. I don't feel too different, although I am tired a lot, which I was before I was 46 so I'd have to say for right now things are the same. Another year older, time flies. Where does it go?

A new business, a crumbling economy and still no baby. We have sent out feelers (and money of course) to other agencies, in the hopes that being on a few different lists will provide faster results.

I don't dare talk about the economy, because honestly what is left to say? It sucks and is not going to get better anytime soon. We will have to ride out the worst of it to hopefully get to the other side.
It just doesn't look good.

I was secretly hoping that the birth mom would change her mind back, but so far not a peep. I guess she isn't watching the news and isn't scared of the economy and what's to come. I wish I was her. 16 and oblivious to the world around me living in a me-me-me bubble, only thinking and caring about myself.

But I don't. I worry for all those losing their jobs, losing their houses, losing their minds.

In Indiana, they came up with a law saying that a parent can leave a baby at a hospital, if they are not able to care for them properly, with no consequences. They have also just passed a law allowing parents to drop off a child AT ANY AGE, because they can't or don't feel like they can care for them. One man recently dropped off his entire family ranging from 1 to 17. Five kids!

The job of any parent is to accept responsibility for having those children. Now if you can drop off a child of any age, because suddenly you are overwhelmed, it will flood the already overcrowded and dismal foster care system, choking it's resources, so that those truly in need will no longer get the help that is already limited.

You can't just drop off kids, because things get hard. I wish I had the opportunity so many take for granted. And it is perhaps my greatest sorrow that I may never get the chance.

What is wrong with people?

What is happening to our country?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa,
I recently hosted a birth mother in my home that just placed her baby. Please call me if you would like to discuss - we are in PBG and I know of some great adoption social workers that are seeking adoptive parents for babies.

Arie@TheArieList.com
748-6784